Want to know more about dentures in Cedar Rapids, IA?
About 90% of those who suffer from complete or partial tooth loss have dentures, according to the American College of Prosthodontists.
Here are FAQs about dentures:
What are dentures?
Dentures are a removable, oral appliance made to replace missing teeth. Individuals who have lost their teeth due decay, gum disease or injury can use dentures to conceal their tooth loss. The dentures are made out of acrylic resin that is sometimes combined with metals.
How do I get dentures?
In order to get dentures, you will need to visit your Cedar Rapids so that she may examine your teeth thoroughly and ensure you are a good candidate for dentures. She will then take measurements so custom-made dentures are made for your.
What type of dentures are there?
- Complete dentures, also known as conventional or immediate dentures, serve people who lost all or most of their teeth, so the dentures will replace all your teeth.
- Partial denture works for people who only have partial tooth loss, which can fill gaps and spaces made by the missing teeth and prevents the teeth you already have from moving or changing its position.
- Overdentures are removable dentures that fit over natural teeth or implants.
- Removable partial dentures consist of teeth that are attached to a gum-colored plastic bases that is connected to a metal frame.
What are some advantages of dentures?
- Complete dentures are worn almost immediately after the removal of teeth, while your mouth is still healing.
- Dentures improve chewing function, speech capabilities, and provide facial support.
- It enhances a person's smile.
- Dentures can be used for upper or lower jaws.
- They prevent your bones and gums from shrinking over time.
Do you need a consultation?
For more information about dentures at your Cedar Rapids, IA, dentist's office, call (319) 365-0534. It's time you take care of your dental health and improve your smile!