Posts for: April, 2019
Dental implants are one of the top restorative and cosmetic procedures in dentistry today. Often the ideal option for those who need a tooth placement, implants have the ability to beautify smiles and provide vital jawbone reinforcement. If you think that you may need implant treatment, Drs. Chris Haganman, Brad Stovie, and Shannon Hingst, your dentists in Cedar Rapids, IA, are here to help!
What is a dental implant?
If you are suffering from tooth loss, it's vital to deal with this problem as soon as possible. After all, tooth loss can lead to the deterioration of your jawbone and a shifting of your overall bite.
What does the procedure entail?
If you decide to pursue dental implant treatment from our Cedar Rapids office, here's what you need to know about this reliable and safe process:
- A local anesthetic is applied to the area that will undergo the procedure.
- Your dentist will place a titanium post into the jawbone. This post acts as the new tooth root and is biocompatible, so there is no worry of tissue rejection!
- Following that minor procedure, we will allow the site to rest for a period of 3 to 6 months, for this time causes the titanium to naturally fuse with the jawbone to create a stable dental foundation.
- When you return, your dentist will place an abutment upon the post and top it off with a crown, effectively finalizing your new tooth!
What are some advantages of dental implants?
- Implants have a high success rate at 95 percent.
- They don't slip out of place like dentures, which makes them comfortable and practical.
- They provide your jawbone with the support it needs so that it doesn't shrink.
- They can be used to fill a single gap in your teeth, a few gaps, or all of your teeth.
- Dental implants look natural and can give you a beautiful smile.
- You won't have to worry about being able to bite into and chew your favorite foods.
Do you need a consultation?
If you have questions or concerns, Drs. Chris Haganman, Brad Stovie, and Shannon Hingst can help you out. Call the Cedar Rapids office today at (319) 365-0534 to make an appoint today!